Saturday, May 21, 2016

Research that Benefits Children and Families

The topic I would research is the lack of funding for early childhood programs. The lack of funding for early childhood programs have  become a major concern for several states.  This issue personally hits home for me because I have a 3 year old that I tried to get in head start.  We were denied because of income guidelines, but they said my child would be placed on a waiting list.  When I received that letter I was surprised because I want my daughter to attend preschool.  I only wants what's best for her.  I would love to have preschool that I don't have to pay for.  The issue is a major concern for a lot of families.  If I could research how to get a grant for more program funding, that would make a big difference for children and their families.  The positive contributions will be having more programs will help more families succeed in the future.

6 comments:

  1. Candice,
    The lack of funding in early childhood is sad and it hurts. I was having the same problem as you are with my youngest son. I wanted him to have a quality early education. Just like you I did not meet the income guidelines for head start, but I also did not make enough to send him to a private preschool program. A colleague of minds told me about a program called PA Pre-K counts. This program is an income base state funded program. However, the family who attend income is higher than the head start program. Funding for early childhood is a great research topic, all of our young children deserve a good quality early education.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lack of funding is a huge concern and the main concern. Everything boils down to there being no existing funds for programs to exist to help young children and their families. I cannot not wait to hear about your research and what you gather from it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This goes along with the research that I choose to discuss. Funding, affordability, and ease of access to early childhood programs is such a struggle. If more children and families had access to programs and more programs were better funded I think we would see a great deal of progress and growth in these children's education.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, thanks for sharing your story! Funding is such an important issue in early childhood and so many people face that barrier when trying to find a quality program for their child or children. Its awful that you are stuck in a place of not being able to sned your child to school. I cant remember the exact number but there are a staggering number of families who are in that in between category of not quite eligible for help or head start, but cant quite afford regular pre-k programs. I'm stuck in that middle ground myself.

    Best wishes to you in your search! I think this is a very beneficial topic to research.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Candice
    This is a great topic and is much needed to hopefully find a solution to this unfortunate issue. Quality childcare should be affordable to every family or some type of assistance offered. I don't know any parent who does not want the best for their child, especially when it comes to quality care. I too know all to well the red tape one has to go through to achieve this benefit for my children. There definitely needs to be a change in the system. Enjoyed your post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Candice,
    Thank you for sharing. I agree that there is a huge lack of funding for early childhood education. What ways would you recommend funding these programs? How could early childhood care be offered free like public schools? I think that this would be a very interesting topic!

    ReplyDelete