Saturday, June 4, 2016

Research Around the World

For this week’s assignment, I explored early childhood in Australia through the website www.earlychildhoodaustralia.org.au . Early Childhood Australia (ECA) has been advocating for children in Australia for many years. As I read the research topics on the early childhood website I realized that the issues and concerns in early childhood are similar across the globe. The Australasian Journal of Early Childhood (AJEC) is Australasia’s foremost scholarly journal and the world’s longest-running major journal within the early childhood field. The topics  range from Supporting literacy learning in the early years, Mothers’ perspectives on learning through play in the home, Inclusive pedagogy from a child’s perspective, and Recognition of family engagement in young children’s literacy learning.  The insights I learned about early childhood was from the parent resource tab. There was a lot of helpful information for parents under that tab. The other noteworthy information I found was about Early Years Connect which is a professional development package which has been designed to support early childhood education and care (ECEC) educators working with children with complex additional needs. This includes children with a disability, significant development delay and complex social, emotional and behavioral needs.

4 comments:

  1. Candice,
    I chose this same website, and I found it to be very informative for early childhood professionals as well as parents. As you indicated, issues are basically the same globally, as it relates to children and their families. Moreover, it is exciting to see what is happening in another part of our world.

    Thanks for sharing with us!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candice,
    I too explored www.earlychildhoodaustralia.org.au, and I researched some very good information on there. What really caught my attention, was how this site provides scholarly journals for the parents, and early educators. The Early Years Connect package, is also a really great tool for early childhood educators, to obtain valuable research they can use in their everyday practice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Candice
    I enjoyed reading about your findings! I find that it is exciting to learn what other educations are experiencing all around the world. What was the one greatest pieces of information you gained from viewing this website?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed looking through this website as well. Lots of good information and resources. I find it intriguing and particularly hopeful that countries around the world have similar values and goals when it comes to early childhood.

    ReplyDelete