Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Who Am I as a Communicator?

I have never been one that liked to talk in front of large groups of people.  I do better in small groups or one on one. The results from the communication assessments were very accurate.  The Communication Anxiety Inventory revealed that I feel uneasy in some communication situations and more confident in others.  This is a very true representation of me.  The Verbal Aggressiveness Scale revealed that I maintain a good balance between respect and considering others' view.  I argue fairly and attach the issue at hand not the person. I am glad that my level of aggressiveness was moderate. I know I can be aggressive at times, but sometimes that's all people understand.  They don't understand when you be nice. The one thing that surprised me most is that I appear to have more patience with people than I give myself credit for.  The insight that I gained is that it's good to have balance when communicating.  This is very important in ECE because we have to be respectful of the children and families we serve.  This has truly been an eye opening experience.  I learned alot about communicating this week.





No comments:

Post a Comment