Saturday, April 16, 2016

Getting to Know Your International Contacts—Part 3

My friend that's teaching in Korea finally contacted me back.  She is still on vacation because she's on break from school right now.  However, she's going to research some issues affecting education in Korea and let me know her findings.  I asked her  to give me some first hand experiences on equity  if possible.  She's been teaching in Korea for about 4 years now, and she said that the education system is very different from the US.  I can't wait to see what information she has for me.  I will keep you guys posted.

2 comments:

  1. That is so awesome you got in contact with someone. I cant wait to hear about her journey has a teacher in Korea. I wonder what the differences are. My sister in law is from China and she told me that US has such a different educational system and how much more China is doing at the age of 5 than children the age of 5 are doing in US.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candice,

    I am glad that you have heard back from your friend. I am also curious what information they can provide you in regards to early education in Korea. Is she specifically teaching in the early childhood field? Or with older children? I am curious to see their perspective on education and what she thinks is working and what is not compared to how we teach in the United States. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete