Saturday, March 19, 2016

Getting to Know Your International Contacts—Part 1

I haven't received any responses back from my other contacts. However, I reached out to a friend who is teaching in Korea.  I am waiting on a response from her. She is on vacation in South Africa. She said she would respond once she returned.  She has been in Korea bout 6 years. I hope she has gained enough knowledge about the education field in that country to help me.

The UNICEF is working hard to understand how and why poverty happens.  Adults in poverty usually don't last as long as children in poverty.  In Guyana they work with national programs to improve the situation and opportunities of children. They also support projects in different parts of the country that protect children wherever exclusion, inequality and poverty are more prevalent. The insights I learned are they are working hard to eliminate poverty and other stressors/barriers that affects families. They are also taking extra steps to help children and their families progress in that country.

No comments:

Post a Comment