Saturday, March 5, 2016

Establishing Professional Contacts

Part 1

The website for The Global Alliance of NAEYC wouldn't come up. The website stated that I was not authorized to access this page.  The website for UNICEF worked with no problem.  I decided to contact an early childhood professional located in Guyana and Lebanon. I choose these countries because my daughter is a girl scout and we used both of these countries for World Thinking Day.  World Thinking Day is a day where girl scouts from all over the world get together to celebrate girl scouts in other countries.  Each troop has to research the country and present information about the country. This is a good way to learn about these countries and sample different food from those countries. I have sent emails to the email provided on the website.  I am hoping to hear back from someone soon.

Part 2

The early childhood organization website I decided to explore is the National Black Child Development Institute.  I am interested in learning more about this organization.  I am looking forward to seeing how they are working to tackle the issues in the African American community.

1 comment:

  1. Candice,
    I had the same issues with the first site as well. I decided to email childhood professionals from Belize and Jamaica. I am looking forward to hearing back from someone soon as well as learning more about the organization you choose. Best of luck to you the next 7 weeks!

    ReplyDelete