Saturday, January 16, 2016

Relationship Reflection



Relationships are important to me because you learn a lot about yourself and the person you’re in a relationship with.  Relationships help you take a good look at yourself and help you understand who you really are.  I feel like you first have to know yourself before you can truly have a positive relationship with someone else. There are several people in my life that I have positive relationships with. This section is dedicated to the main people in my life who helped mold and shape me into the beautiful woman I am today.  I am an only child.  My mother raised me as a single parent until I was 12.  I knew my biological father, but he was never around during my childhood.  My mom married my step-father (pictured below), and he is the father figure that has been in my life.  My mom has been my rock.  She has given me so much guidance throughout the years. We have a bond that can’t ever be broken.  If it wasn’t for her, I wouldn’t be able to be the nurturing mother I am to my girls. 



                         Mom & Dad



My mom has five sisters.  They are pictured below. My aunts are all like sisters to me. I can laugh and talk with them about anything.  They all gave me advice when I got married, and had my first child.  I am so thankful to have all of these ladies in my life. The relationships formed with my aunts have truly made me appreciate and value life and family.

 
Aunt Savannah, Aunt Ednalene, Aunt Dorothy, Aunt Gennetter, Mom, Aunt Jackie

This last section is dedicated to my wonderful husband (pictured below).  Our relationship started when we met in college in 1999.  We got married in 2003. He has been my biggest supporter next to my mom.  If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't have the patience I have today.  Our relationship has taught me to communicate, listen, trust and be honest no matter the outcome.  I am the only child so it was hard to open up and let him be the provider for me.  I was so used to doing everything on my own.  He has truly made me a better person. 



It hasn't been easy having positive relationships over the years.  The good thing about family is we can agree to disagree and still be close as if nothing ever happened.  The experiences that we shared has only made us stronger.  I feel like these positive relationships will impact my work in early childhood because I can adapt and adjust to any situation.  I am now a better listener, and I can take criticism with no hard feelings. 

2 comments:

  1. Candice,
    Thank you for sharing your relationships! It is a great thing to have so many people offer you support and love throughout your life. Your husband seems to have helped you to accept support and criticism. I have had difficulty with that in the past, too. It's hard to give up something that you love to be in control of. But, it also feels good to let go of it when you trust the person doing it for you. - Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candice,
    I appreciate your post. Like you, I am very close with my mother. Our relationship is very important to me. Having positive relationships are very important to have Whether we ant to admit it or not, they influence who we are. The key is to have more positve relationsips than negative ones. Great job!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete