Saturday, October 17, 2015

Examining Code of Ethics

I chose the ethic codes below because they are related to me opening up an early childcare learning center.  I want to make sure that all young children have access to high quality education and early learning programs.  I would like to hire my staff with a very nice compensation and benefits package because teachers at every level don't get the compensation they deserve.

To work through education, research, and
advocacy toward a society in which all young children
have access to high-quality early care and education
programs. (NAEYC, 2005).


To strive to secure adequate and equitable
compensation (salary and benefits) for those who
work with or on behalf of young children.
(NAEYC, 2005)


We shall advocate for equal access to high quality services and supports for all children and families to enhance their quality of lives. (DEC, 2000)
 

References:

NAEYC. (2005, April). Code of ethical conduct and statement of commitment. Retrieved May 26, 2010, from http://www.naeyc.org/files/naeyc/file/positions/PSETH05.pdf
 

The Division for Early Childhood. (2000, August). Code of ethics. Retrieved May 26, 2010, from
http://www.dec-sped.org/

3 comments:

  1. I admire your goal of opening your own early childhood learning center. Quality education is so important in the younger years of a child's life. I can also relate to your desire to provide adequate compensation for teachers. This is something that the teacher's union that I belong to is always striving for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Candice,
    I believe the ethical codes that you selected are appropriate for your desire to open a center. I have the same goal to open my own center one day. Ensuring that teachers have competitive benefits and compensation is needed because of the hard work we put in each and every day. If you had to select one more ethical code, what would it be?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is so true what I always wonder why high officials always praise teachers in the public eye and claim to know our struggles, but when it is time for a pay raise or benefits that can help us cope in life our payslips reflects what they really thinks.

    ReplyDelete