Saturday, September 19, 2015

Personal Childhood Web

This section is dedicated to the people in my life who helped mold and shape me into the beautiful woman I am today.  I am an only child.  My mother raised me as a single parent until I was 12.  I knew my biological father, but he was never around during my childhood.  My mom married my step-father (pictured below), and he is the father figure that has been in my life.  My mom has been my rock.  She has given me so much guidance throughout the years.  I need more than a page to tell you guys how great she is.

Mom and Dad

My mom has five sisters.  They are pictured below.  They all played a major role in my childhood.
My aunts all nurtured and cared for me in their own special way.  They would pick me up during the week and weekends so I could spend time with my cousins.  By me being the only child, my cousins and I were very close.  Aunt Dorothy would pick all of us up every Saturday to take us skating.  I still remember those skating events like they were yesterday.  We had so much fun, and those outings made us work together as a team and depend on each other.  She would always give us advice on school, and respecting ourselves and others.  Aunt Jackie is the youngest sister, and everybody says that's my twin.  She watched me a lot when I was younger, and I always wanted to go places with her.  As I got older, I would babysit her children.  My adventures in babysitting taught me how to be responsible, and make money at an early age.  My aunts are all like sisters to me now. I can laugh and talk with them about anything.  They all gave me advice when I got married, and had my first child.  I am so thankful to have all of these ladies in my life.


Aunt Savannah, Aunt Ednalene, Aunt Dorothy, Aunt Gennetter, Mom, Aunt Jackie  


4 comments:

  1. Surely the strong women you have been surrounded by have helped shape who you are today. What wonderful role models!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your childhood remembered me of mine having aunties I always spend time with even though I was raise by both parents, family time was always a special time in my childhood. Thank God for special memories like the ones we are all sharing on our blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful family! I value my relationship with my aunts and my step parents as well. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can relate so much with your parental story. I did not know my father but I was raised by a man who showed me a love I do not think I could have experienced with my real father. My mother's siblings played a huge role in my life as well. Beautiful family you have

    ReplyDelete